Today was optional, but I wanted to get a few more miles in: 2.26 miles done solo plus 1 mile of walking after the run. I was initially running at 11:40-12:10 pace, but the inclines did me in! I slowed down to about a 14 min/mile pace on the hills and it took me a while to recover after.
I also got those squats (110), sit-ups (110) and pushups (55) in today that I was supposed to do last night (I fell victim to a comfy couch… oops).
Well, I’m making progress. Just think… I couldn’t do a 1/2 mile without being winded just 4-5 weeks ago. Now, to tackle this 1-mile fun run on Monday. I’m hoping to break my mile time from a week ago. Fingers crossed!
Back home in NJ… Today was the first day of the Hal Higdon 5k training. I made it the 1.5 miles straight with the help of a friend who ran with me. As you can see from the selfie, I was beat afterwards!
We took it pretty easy, but we definitely slowed down going up the hills (love my Garmin vivoactive HR+ for this type of information!). I can’t wait to get to the point where hills don’t kick my tush so badly.
Also, the “good” ankle had slight pain and tightness, so I did two things:
- Decided to buy new running shoes and get properly measured at a running store
- Made an appointment with a podiatrist for the end of this week
As far as diet, I did pretty well today as well:
- Breakfast: Protein shake with whey protein
- Lunch: Half Green Goddess Cobb Salad without bacon (only 12g Carbs!) & a Superfruit smoothie from Panera
- Dinner: Omelette with avocado, spinach, tomatoes and cheddar
- Snack: Apple with almond butter
- Before bed: Casein protein powder in 1/2 water, 1/2 almond milk